To celebrate Sunderland's search for the next disappointment as manager, we're giving away fifty quid - what a time to be alive! Scroll down for more...
We're looking for contributors, experienced or first-timers, to bolster our floundering writing squad. Our content has been as bountiful as positive Sunderland news in recent weeks - so we need your help. Unlike previous writer recruitment, this time we want to give something to you - other than a canny platform to expose your work to 1000's of Sunderland fans. £50.00 is up for grabs.
All entrants will be assessed and our panel of non-experts will whittle down the entries to a yet-to-be-defined final number. The overall winner will be decided independently from the site.
Some rules or terms and conditions or whatever is the correct terminology;
- No one associated with WAW, including those who have previously contributed, are eligible to win.
- By entering you give us permission to publish your article on our website with you credited as the author, unless you specifically request this not to be done when entering.
- We cannot guarantee your article will be published. However, if it is relevant, doesn't duplicate content on WAW and is of good quality we'll be all over it.
- We cannot guarantee you will be asked to write for us going forward even if we do publish you article - though there's a pretty good chance.
- We may ask you to join the writing team before the competition closes, this does not affect your eligibility to win.
- If we do publish your article, you'll be notified in advance but this does not mean you've won the competition.
- Money paid via bank transfer or PayPal - nee cheque books about the office (we don't have an office).
- We reserve the right not to pay up if everything we receive is naff (so pls profff reda it wuld b verry mcuh appreitacted).
- Competition closes on 15 November 2017.
As some advice, this is a blog site. We're not English literature students gunning for a masters, we're not journalists, we're not wannabe journalists - so you don't need your thesaurus for this. If you can write coherently and support your opinions with a well structured piece of work, then you should enter. Anyone who can successfully marry that with a bit of wit will stand a good chance.
To enter, or for any questions relating to this, email your submissions to email@example.com and include your name and Twitter handle should you have one (not mandatory of course).
The WAW team (all four of us)